The powder-coated aluminum profile is made by the electrostatic coating basis. The dry powder adsorbes on the aluminium profile, after more than 200°Celsius bake temperature, the powder solidifies into a layer of more than 60 microns thick solid bright coating. The aluminium profiles are good decorated and protected by the paint.
Powder coatings, also named stove enamel finishes, adhere perfectly to the substrate. They can be milled and submit both a high chemical and thermal resistance.
Electrostatic polyester resins are atomized on electrically grounded parts by compressed air. Electrostatic attraction makes a predefined quantity of powder adhere to the component. In the smelting furnace, the polyester resin is degraded into a fluid state and creates a continuous polyester resin film that is characterized by its high resistance against mechanical stress and weathering.
Electrostatic powder coatings symbolize an environmentally sound technique as they do entirely forego the use of solvents and are characterized by a highly efficient recovery of residual powder (circa 98 %).
Eas Aluminium coats are prepared to meet the challenges put forward by the architectural market at all levels aiming to keep your projects at their best to look as good as you picturized in your mind and imaginations.
Innovation is the forefront of Eas Aluminium coats with colour customization, according to client request and preserving excellent quality product standards. Keeps a continuous and regular track on technical characteristics like finish product with color stability, excellent mechanical properties and limited resistance to UV exposure.
EAS Aluminium produces powder-coated materials accordingly QUALICOAT standards. Renewed powder coating line allows us to achieve a high-quality surface finish and meet client requests at a high level. Collaborating with the leading paint suppliers, EAS Aluminium applies all range of custom and standard RAL colors.
Electrostatic Powder Coating Process
Minimum coat thickness applied is 60–80 microns.
Chemical pretreatment process consisting of 7 Stages:
- Acid etch/ Degreasing Tank
- Water Rinsing.
- Water Rinsing.
- Water Rinsing
- DI Water Rinse
- Drying Oven
2- Powder application
After drying off the workpieces are directly powder coated through an automatic powder spray.
After powder coating, the substrates, go through curing oven at the temperature of two hundred degrees CO about 10-15 min, according to the powder specifications.
The final process is to ensure the quality of the products. First, it is performed a visual inspection and then laboratory test according to the Qualicoat standards, then packaging with polyethylene film to protect the coating film.
Benefits of Powder Coating
- Emit -0- zero or near zero VOC (volatile organic compounds).
- Environmentally compliant
- Durable finish.
- Safe to use.
- Can be produced much thicker coatings than traditional liquid coatings without running or sagging.
- It is possible to achieve nearly 100% use of the coating since Powder coating overspray can be recycled.
- Powder coating production lines create less hazardous than conventional liquid coatings.
- Powder-coated materials usually have fewer appearance differences between vertically coated surfaces and horizontally coated surfaces than liquid coated items.
- Most of the specialty effects are easily accomplished which would be impossible to obtain with other coating processes.